Monday, January 30, 2006

Longing

Once I was sure, once I knew you, back then,
We talked about things you can't imagine.
We truly loved each other, way back when,
Such things happen but once in a million.

And suddenly you left, not looking back,
You left me sitting there, wondering why.
I cannot take it; something I can't hack,
Wishing you back, on the stars in the sky.

Sometimes I just sit there, waiting for you,
All by myself; I wish you for myself.
But you are not mine, this I always knew.
My mourning but festers there, by itself.

I will get over you sometime I hope,
Till then, memories I will use to cope.

A sonnet (14 lines 10 syllables) about rejection. There's an extreme feeling of loneliness from the person, and while they realise they'll get over them, it seems impossible now.

2 comments:

renee said...

write us another poem, poem boy ^___^

Matt said...

noeu