Sunday, March 04, 2007

Of niceties and impossibilities

A bird in flight so peaceful,
A patch of grass so green,
A girl ever so beautiful,
Or is this just a dream?

A moment frozen in time,
A pretty smile crosses a face,
A vision so sublime,
Or is this the wrong time and place?

A cheek suffused in red,
A strand of chestnut brown,
A heart that has not bled,
Or should there be a frown?

A sky opened up so blue,
A soft gust of wind,
A rainbow full of every hue,
Or is every word a sin?

My pro explanation of what ze poem is on about.

Matt says:
I think
Matt says:
It's about nice stuff
Matt says:
and
Matt says:
How it's impossible to have everything nice
Matt says:
Like if it seems to good to be true it probably is
Matt says:
that kind of idea

7 comments:

vonbon said...

"Matt says:
How it's impossible to have everything nice
Matt says:
Like if it seems to good to be true it probably is"

*agrees a tad bitterly* Don't you just wish that things were as good as they seem?

Matt said...

yeah :( But I think the poem also highlights that there are a lot of beautiful and wonderful things in this world, so you have to take the bad with the good, and remember that tomorrow is a new day etc.

vonbon said...

You think? ... didn't you write the poem? What's this you think business, then?

Mood has changed since I wrote the last comment, and I have to say I agree with you. Good and bad go hand in hand, unfortunately, but then again, sometimes bad things lead to a better good than you had before.

Was that even coherant? Sorry... late at night. Brain = mush.

Matt said...

haha. I kind of just write my poems, I don't really have a theme in mind when i write them. Could explain their quality :P hehe.

Yeah definitely, I'd have to agree, you accept the good with the bad, and sometimes even better things can occur.

vonbon said...

Yaaay for coherancy! Matt's poems are the best. Quality is very good.

I feel like we're having our own little personal conversation here. It's nice. ^^

Matt said...

It's cause noone else but you loves me, and you don't really love me, you just pity me :P

thank you for your kind words :)

[ m e i ] said...

I like your poems fatty :)
This one is nice, a tad bleak though. But I know you speak the truth. I love you!